Monday, October 5, 2020 / by Vyral Marketing
What are some great improvements to make to your bathroom? The first step is to look at the major issues that buyers will notice immediately. Then you can move on to other projects that add value.
1. Replace carpeted flooring. Carpet stands out—people don’t want carpet to get wet and end up moldy. Builders put carpet in because it’s cheap, but you should install another type of flooring such as tile.
2. Expand shower space. Large showers are very popular, and bathtubs are not as desirable right now. Though some people feel a tub is a must-have, generally you get more value from having a larger shower rather than a shower/tub combo.
3. Change the wall surroundings in the shower. Marble is fairly standard, but putting in tile or another upgraded material is preferred.
4. Shower extras. Adding a seat in the shower, changing out the showerhead and fixtures, and putting shiplap on the exterior are all excellent upgrades. These will provide more value to buyers, whether you plan to sell next month or years down the road.
5. Bathroom extras. Install new light fixtures, use LED bulbs, and change the paint color to something neutral such as bright white or gray. These are changes to make as needed.
"The first step is to look at the major issues that buyers will notice immediately."
If you have any questions about what refurbishments would be the best value for your bathroom or questions concerning real estate in general, feel free to reach out to me via phone or email. I’d love to help you.